Thursday, May 23, 2024

LAYERS of DREAMS

 

2 Corinthians 5:17

King James Version

17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, 

he is a new creature: 

old things are passed away; 

behold, 

all things are become new.


Ever had a dream, within a dream?

To explain, I shall tell you of a dream I had this morning.

I was dreaming of a friend, and his girlfriend.

Before I left their apartment, he gave me TWO metal pieces.

The kind that you can put atop a fireplace.

These were two, thin, grey metal pieces.

He said something about being "changed".

Now, I don't remember if he got changed before he got the pieces.

Or, did he change, after he got those?

All I know is it felt like he was a "changed" man.

Perhaps, he got close to GOD.

At least, that's the feeling I got.

Hopefully, he became born again.


The metal piece on top had some parts "off" it.

Like a chimney jutted out, almost like a diorama.

As he handed me the pieces, an idea came to me.

I invited him and his girlfriend to come by my place.

And have a look at my new "pad".

That presented itself as the dream "within" the dream.


It was a one-room thing, like a studio apartment.

Soon as we opened the door, we were greeted by cheery things.

A bright, but not glary room.

Hand-painted furniture all over the place.

It's not quite "bohemian", but it had "artwork" I made.

I showed him a low table, to the left, against the wall.

A "change" had come over me, too.

To the point I gave away everything I had.

All the old furniture, etc.

Exodus 25:9

King James Version

9 According to all that I shew thee, 

after the pattern of the tabernacle, 

and the pattern of all the instruments thereof, 

even so shall ye make it.


In its place, I bought discarded furniture.

Or kept "found" items.

Stuff people didn't want anymore.

And "breathed" new life into it, by painting it.

My whole, tiny room became an artist's haven for me.

Before the dream ended, I do remember that low table.

It was painted a non-glossy white, and had some electric blue details on a corner.

Ecclesiastes 9:7-8

King James Version

7 Go thy way, 

eat thy bread with joy, 

and drink thy wine with a merry heart; 

for God now accepteth thy works.

8 Let thy garments be always white; 

and let thy head lack no ointment.


Numbers 15:38-41

King James Version

38 Speak unto the children of Israel,

and bid them that they make them fringes 

in the borders of their garments 

throughout their generations, 

and that they put upon the fringe of the borders 

a ribband of blue:

39 And it shall be unto you for a fringe, 

that ye may look upon it, 

and remember all the commandments of the Lord, 

and do them ; 

and that ye seek not after your own heart 

and your own eyes, 

after which ye use to go a whoring:

40 That ye may remember, 

and do all my commandments, 

and be holy unto your God.

41 I am the Lord your God, 

which brought you out of the land of Egypt, 

to be your God: 

I am the Lord your God.


I don't believe I've ever dreamt this way before.

Wherein I was dreaming, and dreamt another dream from it.

Strange, quirky, but that's my brain.

That's the brain GOD gave me.

Those are the dreams His SPIRIT gives me.

Dreaming's different once GOD makes you born again.

I would never want to go back to the "old" me.


I'll give you a little tip I learned.

Actually, a number of tips, so you can remember a dream.

Considering I'd been writing down my dreams since 1997.

I learned quite a FEW things:

1. SAVOR the dream.

2. DON'T open your eyes just yet.

3. MEMORIZE the details.

4. PAY particular attention to the feelings in the dream.

5. WRITE down the contents of your dream.

6. PRAY to GOD to explain your dream.

7. WAIT for His SPIRIT to explain things to you.


And watch what happens.

You will be thrilled.

As I always am.


3-part series:

ART from SPIRIT


Image: Engin Akyurt on Pixabay


LAYERS of DREAMS

  2 Corinthians 5:17 King James Version 17 Therefore if any man be in Christ,  he is a new creature:  old things are passed away;  behold,  ...