Saturday, May 7, 2022

The 3 brackets

 

Isaiah 55:8-9

King James Version

8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, 

neither are your ways my ways, 

saith the Lord.

9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 

so are my ways higher than your ways, 

and my thoughts than your thoughts.


I was designing a simple shelf for a client.

One end was to be flush against a post, supported by three brackets.

It was going to be quite a long shelf, thus, would need some support.

I visualized it would be of leftover wood, polished, and stained.

Thick enough to hold two small lampshades on each end, and two white candles in the middle.

I shared my sketch with my friend, Joseph, and he took a photo of the above detail that caught his eye.

It caught my eye, too.

3 BRACKETS.

"BOTH ENDS & MIDDLE."

I could only think of the TRIUNE GOD.

Of how one bracket would be GOD, the other, SPIRIT, and the middle, JESUS. 

What better symbolic support can there be?

SPIRIT took the idea further by making me visualize brackets in the form of letters.

Such as a G, a J, and an S.

GOD, JESUS, and SPIRIT.

Thing is, that would take a special machine to cut it.

Of course, it will have to be wood.

Unless I see some black metal letters available around.

Which I still have to see.

Nevertheless, writing this article, as I mulled GOD's idea, led to the creation of this blog you're reading now.

I was actually "designing" with GOD.

Thus, DESIGNING with GOD was born.

That's how SPIRIT works with me.

Endless ideas.

He is in me, after all.

He works with what He created in me.

There's the writing, the designing, the merchandising.

And so many other things in between.

All are related.

All work as a whole.

All for His GLORY.

It's always a COHESIVE whole with GOD.

All make sense.

All have heart.

All have harmony.

We have much to write about.

SPIRIT and I are creating this blog, as we go along.

Such as the next post, on how to design with GOD.

After which, another post would be how to design for others.

Whether we are designing a life, a career, a product, or a system, the principles remain the same.

Sez who that design is just objects?

We are beyond vanity.

It must be OF GOD.

Or, we don't do it.

That's what being born again means.

We obey GOD's LAWS.


Related material:

BORN AGAIN articles

SPIRIT of GOD


Image source by author.

Photo by Joseph.


DOCUMENTING a life

  Luke 12:42-43 King James Version 42 And the Lord said,  Who then is that faithful and wise steward,  whom his lord shall make ruler over h...